Name: Dr. M. SHABBIR
Doctor (2007-2010), Major: Materials Science,
Sub-field: Solid-state Physics. Northeast Normal
University Changchun, P. R. China,
Master (2002-2005), UAF, Pakistan.
Work Experience :
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, School of Sciences, King Khalid University, Abha (November, 2013- till present)
- Assistant professor, JSPS program, Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Osaka University, Japan (2 Years, Nov. 2011- Oct. 2013)
- Specially Appointed Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Osaka University, Japan (1 year, October, 2010-October, 2011)
- Award of Cultural Exchange Scholarship for Ph.D. from the Ministry of education of Pakistan and China scholarship council
- Best thesis ranked in 2010, Northeast Normal University, China
- Jilin Province Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Winner, China
- The Global COE (Center of Excellence) fellowship 2011, Osaka University, Japan
- Young Researcher Award from 7th congress of international society for theoretical chemical physics (ISTCP-VII), 2011, Waseda University, Japan
- Award of JSPS fellowship for 2012-13 from Japan Society for promotion of Science, Japan
- Award of best poster from Conference of Computational Physics (CCP) 14-18 October, 2012, Kobe, Japan
- Nomination for National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of China in year 2012
- IBM-Lowdin Postdoctoral Award, 53rd Sanibel Symposium 17-22 February 2013, University of Florida, USA.
- 27th Chinese chemical society congress held in 20-23 June 2010, Xiamen, China
- Global COE (Center of excellence) Winter 2011, Meeting held in Osaka University, Japan
- 7th Congress of international society for theoretical chemical physics, 2011, Waseda University, Japan
- Kenichi Fukui Memorial Symposium, 2012, FIFC of Kyoto University, Japan
- ICSM 8-13 July, 2012, Atlanta, Georgia USA
- Conference of Computational Physics (CCP), 14-18 October, 2012, Kobe, Japan
- 53rd Sanibel Symposium, 17-22 February 2013, University of Florida, USA
- The 11th International Symposium on Functional π-electron systems (Fπ-11) held in June 2-7, 2013, Bordeaux, France.
Research Interests :
- Ph.D. Research: Functionalization of advanced materials, optical and nonlinear optical properties of organic, inorganic and organic- inorganic hybrid materials etc.
- Postdoctoral Research: Functionalization of nanomaterials including Carbon nanotubes, Fullerenes and Buckyferrocenes for molecular conductors and nonlinear optical applications