Name: Saifeldin Mohammed Babiker Siddeeg
Position: Assistant Professor
Grade: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Chemistry, College of Science
Join Date: 19/ 11/ 1435
- PhD in Inorganic Chemistry (2009 – 2013) School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, The United Kingdom.
- MSc in Environmental Radiochemistry (2005 – 2007), Sudan Academy of Sciences, Sudan.
- BSc Honour in Chemistry 2:1 (1998 – 2003) University of Khartoum, Sudan.
- September 2014 – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, King Khalid University.
- October 2013 – September 2014: Assistant Professor, Sudan Academy of Sciences, Atomic Energy Council.
- May 2013 – October 2013: Visiting Scientist, Centre for Radiochemistry Research, School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester.
- November 2007 - November 2009: Researcher, Environmental Radiochemistry Group, Atomic Energy Commission, Sudan.
- August 2004 - 2007: Research Assistant, Environmental Radiochemistry Group, Atomic Energy Commission, Sudan.
- April 2004 – June 2008: Teaching Assistant (Part-time), Department of Chemistry, University of Khartoum.
- September 2014 – Present: Department of Chemistry, General Chemistry Chem. 107 (University level 1), King Khalid University.
- October 2013- September 2014: College of Science and Technology, Inorganic Chemistry (University level 4), University of Shendi, Sudan.
- October 2013- September 2014: College of Science and Technology, Inorganic Chemistry (University level 2), University of Shendi, Sudan.
- 2011 - 2013: Demonstrator, CHEM3600 Environmental Speciation, 3rd year Project, School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester.
- 2012 - 2013, Demonstrator, CHEM10600, Practical Chemistry, 1st year, School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester.
- 2010 - 2011, Demonstrator, CHEM22600, Practical Chemistry, 2nd year, School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester.
- 2004 - 2008: Teaching assistant, General Chemistry Laboratory (levels 1 – 4) School of Chemistry, University of Khartoum.
- Environmental impact of trace elements and radionuclides contamination in the environment.
- Minerals speciation and transformation at waste disposal facilities.
- Effects of Phosphate on Uranium Fate in Subsurface Sediments.
- Physicochemical properties and quality of surface and ground water.
- Trace elements in medicinal plants and biological samples.
- Bioremediation of heavy metals in contaminated lands.
- Ben Rebah F. and Siddeeg S. M. (2016) Cactus an eco-friendly material for wastewater treatment: A review. J. Mater. Environ. Sci. (Accepted).
- Eid I. Brima, Saifeldin M. Siddeeg (2015) Determination the levels of some essential elements in medicinal plants used in diabetes treatment by atomic absorption spectroscopy, First International Conference on Applied Chemistry (ICAC 2015), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Ghada M. Elamin , Tayser I. Yagoob, Hajo I.driss , Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, Hatim E. and A.K. Sam, Minor &Trace Element Concentration in Groundwater from Bara Aquifer West Central Sudan, Isotopes in Environmental & Health Studies, (under review).
- Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, N.D. Bryan, F.R. Livens, Behaviour and mobility of U and Ra in sediments near an abandoned uranium mine, Cornwall, UK, Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts. 2015, 17, 235 - 245.
- Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, N.D. Bryan, F.R. Livens, Dispersion of U-series natural radionuclides in stream sediments from Edale valley, Derbyshire, UK, Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts, 2014, 16. 991-1000.
- Saifeldin Siddeeg, N.D. Bryan, F.R. Livens. Geochemical association of uranium in contaminated sediments, Proceedings of the 245thACS National Meeting, New Orleans, LA. USA, April 7 - 11, 2013.
- Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, N.D. Bryan, F.R. Livens, U-series natural radionuclides in stream sediments from Edale valley, Derbyshire, UK, Proceedings of International Workshop: Uranium Biogeochemistry: transformations and applications, March 11 - 16, 2012, Monte Verita, Switzerland.
- G. M. Elamin, A. K. Sam, T I. Yagoub, Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, E. Hatim, I. Hajo, Determination, source identification and GIS mapping for nitrate concentration in groundwater from bara aquifer, Proceedings of an international symposium on isotope in hydrology, marine ecosystems and climate change studies, Monaco 2011.
- Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, A. K .Sam, Alfatih, A. A. Osman, Isam Salih and Mohammed A. A. Khalid, Distribution of 238U, 232Th, 40K and 137Cs in River Nile Sediments, Khartoum, Sudan, Philosophic Nature, 2009, 1, 109 - 120.
- Alfatih A.A. Osman, Isam Salih, Ibrahim A. Shaddad, Saifeldin M. Siddeeg, Hatem Eltayeb, Hajo Idriss, Walid Hamza and E.H. Yousif, Investigation of natural radioactivity levels in water around Kadugli, Sudan, Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2008, 66, 1650 - 1653.